Herb Frittata with Feta and Barberries - Kuku Sabzi
Parsley 1 cup, chopped
Mint 1/2 cup, chopped
Baby Leeks, 1 cup, chopped
Fenugreek 1/2 cup, chopped
Onion, 1 small, grated
Barberries, 2 tablespoons (optional)
Feta, 1/2 cup, crumbled (optional)
Turmeric, 1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper to season
Oil for cooking
Optional: Chopped walnuts, cumin and cinnamon are also optional.
- Chop all herbs finely.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. If the mix is too dry add one more egg.
- Heat a medium fry pan with metal handle with a few tablespoons of oil.
- Pour the frittata mix into the pan and cook on medium heat until the edges are turning golden and crisp.
- Place the skillet under a grill at 200C for 15 minutes (until the surface is completely cooked), or flip the frittata if you can.
- To bake: Pour the mix into a 20x20cm greased oven dish and bake at 180C for around 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.